- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (substitute soy for a vegan variation)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 teaspoons ground cloves or cinamon
Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl, including cloves or cinnamon (if using). Stir in milk and vegetable oil, just to combine. Batter may be slightly lumpy. Stir in chocolate chips, if using. Fry on a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium heat. Flip when edges look solid and pancake center is bubbled. Keep warm in a 225F oven while cooking remaining pancakes. Top with butter and maple syrup and enjoy!
Makes 9 small (1/4 cup) pancakes.